Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Breakfast Pizza

No, not pizza for breakfast.

This is genuine breakfast pizza. (Though I'm sure you could probably eat it for lunch or dinner.)

I concocted this meal after I discovered Baby Phat really, really likes feta cheese. He also likes eggs. So I figured, why not put the two together?

The result? A yummy breakfast that can be enjoyed by adults and children alike.

What you'll need:
**Note: this recipe doesn't give perfect measurements. I just kind of eyeball it. You can adjust the quantity of any ingredient to match your tastes.
Feta Cheese
Eggs
Diced Tomato (I usually do 1)
Chopped Parsley
Salt
Pepper
Pocketless Pita Breads (the kind they use for gyros)


What you'll do:

Set oven to 375 degrees. Toast one side of the pita bread a little in the oven (color shouldn't change but it should get a little firmer/harder.)

While that's going on, mix all the other ingredients in a bowl. Remember to use just a tiny pinch of salt since feta is usually salty on its own. **Note: you can also add spinach, or use egg whites instead of whole eggs.


Make sure it's well blended.


Line a baking pan with foil. (I do this because, well, I hate scrubbing pans.)

Put your pita(s) on it, making sure the toastier side is face-down. Spoon mixture onto pita and spread out, but leave a little bit of pita exposed around the edge.



Bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture sets in the middle. (Don't worry if some of the mixture leaks out as it's baking.

Mmm, mmm good breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up, phatkids!